Become a Member
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) and its members have been working tirelessly to Save Our Lake and to Save Our Coast for over 20 years.
There have been great accomplishments within those years. However, the work to renew and sustain the Pontchartrain Basin is ongoing and the support of our members, like you, is critical. Please show your commitment to our lake and our coast by becoming a member of LPBF today.
Your membership is a gift that will help the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation ensure that:
- The Pontchartrain Basin remains swimmable and fishable through our water quality monitoring program;
- Our wetlands are protected and restored through our habitat program;
- Our coast and our communities become sustainable through the science provided by our coastal program;
- Legislative victories like the MRGO closure continue; and
- Thousands of people each year are informed of issues concerning our lake and our coast through our educational programs.
Please join in the efforts to Save Our Lake and Save Our Coast by clicking the button below, or by filling out this annual membership form and mailing it in to our office. Also, Gift Memberships are available for your family and friends.
As an LPBF member, you will receive:
- Personalized membership card;
- “Save Our Coast” decal;
- LPBF decal;
- Volunteer opportunities;
- Basin Bulletin e-newsletter subscription that will keep your recipient informed about the latest news in and around the Basin;
- Free subscription to Lake & Coast Magazine, our quarterly publication with timely articles on environmental issues around the Basin, as well as updates on our educational programs and announcements for our upcoming events;
- Invitations to and discounts for LPBF special events throughout the year;
- Recognition in LPBF's Annual Report;
- Opportunity to nominate, select, and/or serve as an LPBF Board Member; and
- Discount on event rentals at the New Canal Lighthouse*
*benefit for members at the Preserver/Corporate level and above only
You can use your credit card or debit card to subscribe to a monthly draft. To choose a specific draft date, gift amount, or to cancel your subscription, please call (504) 836-2215.