Become a Member
Become a LPBF member today!
For one low price, you'll enjoy exclusive perks and free admission to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center. Your membership also allows discounts at special events throughout the year, so you never miss out on family fun! For a full list of membership benefits, please see below.
Most importantly, your membership is a gift that helps Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation ensure that:
- The Pontchartrain Basin remains swimmable and fishable through our Water Quality Monitoring Program
- Our wetlands are protected and restored through our habitat program
- Our coast and our communities become sustainable through the science provided by our Coastal Sustainability Program
- Legislative victories that benefit our coast and waterways continue
- Thousands of people each year are informed of issues concerning our lake and our coast through our Education and Outreach Program
- The New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center remains open to the public for tours, field trips, and other educational endeavors
- And more!
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation and its members have been working tirelessly to restore and protect our Basin for over 25 years. The work to sustain the Pontchartrain Basin is ongoing, and the support of our members is critical. Show your support for our lake and coast by becoming a member of LPBF today.
$40 | Individual
$30 | Senior Citizen
$75 | Family
$150 | Patron
$300 | Preserver/Corporate
$550 | Benefactor
$1,989 | Life Member
DID YOU KNOW?
Annually, LPBF must raise over 14% of its operating budget which leaves no resources for critical infrastructure and general operating support to sustain the Foundation as a whole. LPBF Memberships are vital and important to the Foundation's growth.
Become a member today to support LPBF's continued growth and important work!
- Personalized membership card(s)
- Free admission year-round to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum
- LPBF decal
- Invitations to LPBF special events year-round
- Invitations to LPBF educational programs for children, like School of Fish and the Ashley Kelly Swim Program
- Access to member-only benefits at LPBF events
- A subscription to Basin Bulletin, LPBF's monthly e-newsletter, informing you about the latest news in and around the Basin, including volunteer opportunities
- A complimentary subscription to Lake & Coast Magazine, LPBF's print publication, which will keep you updated on environmental issues around the Basin
- Complimentary admission to participating New Orleans Museums during Museum Month. Click here for more information about Museum Month!
- 10% off in the New Canal Lighthouse Gift Shop (benefit for members at the Patron level and above only)
- Discount on event rentals at the New Canal Lighthouse (benefit for members at the Preserver/Corporate level and above only)
- Complimentary set of 5 Peter Briant Lighthouse Prints (benefit for members at the Benefactor level and above only)
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making an important contribution to the future of our Basin and our coast and supporting a cornerstone of our community
*Effective August 2017
How do I become a member?
There are four easy ways to become a LPBF member. Simply choose an option below.
How soon can I use the membership I've purchased?
Use your benefits on the same day you become a member. If you become a member in person, your receipt will serve as your temporary pass to use until you receive your official membership card via mail. If you become a member online or over the phone, your confirmation email with transaction receipt will serve as your temporary pass. You should receive your official membership card(s) within 14 business days of your purchase.
When does my membership expire?
Memberships are valid for 12 full months from the date of purchase.
I might already be a member. How do I find out and confirm my benefits?
Call (504) 836-2205, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a current membership.
I lost my card(s). What should I do?
Call (504) 836-2205, or email email@example.com to request a replacement card by mail or ask at the time of your next visit.
Why haven't I received my card?
Membership cards are usually mailed within 14 business days to the address designated on the membership form. Due to demand, holidays, etc., it may take longer. If you do not receive your card within a month, please call (504) 836-2205 to verify the address we have on file.
Can I become a member over the phone?
Call (504) 836-2205 Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to renew your membership by phone.
Can I purchase a membership or admission to the New Canal Lighthouse to give as a gift?
LPBF memberships and admission to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center make great gifts for loved ones - a gift that gives all year long. More information about Gift Memberships can be found here.
Where do my membership dollars go?
From water quality and coastal restoration to education and outreach, your contribution allows LPBF to accelerate successful efforts across the basin. Over 80% of funds raised through membership go directly to vital programs. The remaining dollars are used for development and administrative services, including your benefits. By joining LPBF, you are ensuring a bright, healthy lake and basin for this and future generations.
What if I have another question?
Call the Membership Office at (504) 836-2205, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you!