There are many ways to support Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation. Private foundations, estate and corporate donations, state and federal grants and people interested in the health of the Pontchartrain Basin provide the resources necessary to operate the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation.
Who funds LPBF?
LPBF applies for grants from foundation and government sources annually. This revenue accounts for roughly 80 percent of our income, and is usually restricted to specific projects. Generous individuals, organizations and companies contribute the other 20 percent of the foundation revenue. However, grant and government money is never guaranteed. That’s why it is important to support LPBF in its many endeavors, so that valuable basin programs can continue.
When I donate money to LPBF, where does that money go?
Over 80% of funds raised through events and annual giving go directly to vital programs. The remaining dollars are used for development and administrative services.
- Annual Membership: By joining LPBF, you are ensuring a bright, healthy Lake and Basin for this and future generations. For more information on the benefits of membership click here.
- Year End Gift Donation: By joining LPBF, you are ensuring a bright, healthy Lake and Basin for this and future generations. For more information on the benefits of membership click here.
- Gift Membership: A great way to complete your birthday or holiday shopping. LPBF will acknowledge your gift to the new member. For a donation form click here
- Honorariums/Memorials: There is no greater gift than knowing that your donation is given to LPBF in honor of someone special in your life or paying tribute to a deceased loved one. For a list of memorials click here. Memorial Donation Form | Lighthouse Memorial Donation Form
- Event Sponsorship: Whether you are a company big or small, or just a concerned individual, it is possible to help the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation underwrite the cost of events. There are excellent marketing/PR benefits. For more details contact 504-836-2215.
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): If you are a Federal employee and wish to designate LPBF as your charity of choice please contact the Office of CFC Operations at the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- Corporate Matching: You can increase your LPBF donation through the matching gift program of your employer. Some companies have a 100% match of contributions given to LPBF by current and retired employees.
- Tangible Donations: Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation will accept tangible donations in partnership with Volunteers of America. If you are interested in donating your car, boat or RV; please call 504-836-2215.
- Gift Shop: Come visit LPBF’s New Canal Lighthouse Gift Shop for great gift ideas. All proceeds go to the foundation.
If you would like specific information on how you can help to support LPBF's efforts to protect our Basin please call 504-836-2215.