Renew Your Membership
Don't miss out on your benefits!
Renew your membership today to continue supporting Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation. The work to protect and sustain the Pontchartrain Basin is ongoing, and the support of our members is vital.
Membership dues provide LPBF with funds to continue projects and programs to restore and protect the Basin's water quality and habitats; efforts to restore our coast; work for legislative victories that benefit our coast; educate thousands of people every year about issues concerning our lake and coast; and much more. The success of our programs is directly related to the interest, support, and involvement of our members.
Memberships are valid for 12 full months. Renewing before your expiration date does not deduct time from your membership. Membership cards take approximately two weeks from order to receipt. If you need your card(s) sooner, please call (504) 836-2205. For a full list of your membership benefits, please see below.
How Can I Renew?
There are four easy ways to renew your membership today! Simply choose an option below.
$40 | Individual
$30 | Senior Citizen
$75 | Family
$150 | Patron
$300 | Preserver/Corporate
$550 | Benefactor
$1,989 | Life Member
DID YOU KNOW?
Annually, LPBF must raise over 14% of its operating budget which leaves no resources for critical infrastructure and general operating support to sustain the Foundation as a whole. LPBF Memberships are vital and important to the Foundation's growth.
Please consider upgrading your membership today to support LPBF's continued growth and important work!
- Personalized membership card(s)
- Free admission year-round to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum
- LPBF decal
- Invitations to LPBF special events year-round
- Invitations to LPBF educational programs for children, like School of Fish and the Ashley Kelly Swim Program
- Access to member-only benefits at LPBF events
- A subscription to Basin Bulletin, LPBF's monthly e-newsletter, informing you about the latest news in and around the Basin, including volunteer opportunities
- A complimentary subscription to Lake & Coast Magazine, LPBF's print publication, which will keep you updated on environmental issues around the Basin
- Complimentary admission to participating New Orleans Museums during Museum Month. Click here for more information about Museum Month!
- 10% off in the New Canal Lighthouse Gift Shop (benefit for members at the Patron level and above only)
- Discount on event rentals at the New Canal Lighthouse (benefit for members at the Preserver/Corporate level and above only)
- Complimentary set of 5 Peter Briant Lighthouse Prints (benefit for members at the Benefactor level and above only)
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making an important contribution to the future of our Basin and our coast and supporting a cornerstone of our community
*Effective August 2017
How soon can I use the membership I've purchased?
Use your benefits on the same day you renew your membership. If you renew your membership in person, your receipt will serve as your temporary pass to use until you receive your official membership card via mail. If you renew online or over the phone, your confirmation email with transaction receipt will serve as your temporary pass. You should receive your official membership card(s) within 14 business days of your purchase.
When does my membership expire?
Memberships are valid for 12 full months from the date of purchase. Renewing before your expiration date does not deduct time from your membership.
I lost my card(s). What should I do?
Call (504) 836-2205, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement card by mail or ask at the time of your next visit.
Why haven't I received my card?
Membership cards are usually mailed within 14 business days to the address designated on the membership form. Due to demand, holidays, etc., it may take longer. If you do not receive your card within a month, please call (504) 836-2205 to verify the address we have on file.
Can I renew my membership over the phone?
Call (504) 836-2205 Monday through Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to renew your membership by phone.
I'm not sure when my membership expires. What should I do?
Call (504) 836-2205, or email email@example.com to inquire about your membership.
I haven't been receiving benefits for my membership. What do I do?
Let us know so we can make it right! Call (504) 836-2205, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I've already renewed my membership this year. Can I purchase a membership or admission to the New Canal Lighthouse to give as a gift?
LPBF memberships and admission to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center make great gifts for loved ones - a gift that gives all year long. More information about Gift Memberships can be found here.
What if I have another question?
Call the Membership Office at (504) 836-2205, or email email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you!