Buy a Gift Membership
A great way to show that you support the mission of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation is to give a gift membership to others!
When you give a gift membership, your friend or family member will be welcomed into the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation’s family of individuals dedicated to our lake and coast. We will send a special letter to each of your recipients to let them know of your generosity. Be sure to list your recipient's contact information (including their name, mailing address, and email) so we can send membership benefits.
Your recipient will enjoy exclusive perks and free admission to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center. This gift membership also allows discounts at special events throughout the year, so they'll be able to join in on all the family fun! For a full list of membership benefits, please see below.
Most importantly, membership is a gift that helps Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation ensure that:
- The Pontchartrain Basin remains swimmable and fishable through our Water Quality Monitoring Program
- Our wetlands are protected and restored through our habitat program
- Our coast and our communities become sustainable through the science provided by our Coastal Sustainability Program
- Legislative victories that benefit our coast and waterways continue
- Thousands of people each year are informed of issues concerning our lake and our coast through our Education and Outreach Program
- The New Canal Lighthouse Museum and Education Center remains open to the public for tours, field trips, and other educational endeavors
- And more!
The Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation and its members have been working tirelessly to restore and protect our Basin for over 25 years. The work to sustain the Pontchartrain Basin is ongoing, and the support of our members is critical. Show your love for our lake and coast by becoming giving a membership as a gift today.
- Personalized membership card(s)
- Free admission year-round to the New Canal Lighthouse Museum
- LPBF decal
- Invitations to LPBF special events year-round
- Invitations to LPBF educational programs for children, like School of Fish and the Ashley Kelly Swim Program
- Access to member-only benefits at LPBF events
- A subscription to Basin Bulletin, LPBF's monthly e-newsletter, informing you about the latest news in and around the Basin, including volunteer opportunities
- A complimentary subscription to Lake & Coast Magazine, LPBF's print publication, which will keep you updated on environmental issues around the Basin
- Complimentary admission to participating New Orleans Museums during Museum Month. Click here for more information about Museum Month!
- 10% off in the New Canal Lighthouse Gift Shop (benefit for members at the Patron level and above only)
- Discount on event rentals at the New Canal Lighthouse (benefit for members at the Preserver/Corporate level and above only)
- Complimentary set of 5 Peter Briant Lighthouse Prints (benefit for members at the Benefactor level and above only)
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making an important contribution to the future of our Basin and our coast and supporting a cornerstone of our community
*Effective August 2017